I’m exhausted. For whatever reason, I’m having a really hard time sleeping in this house, and with everything else that’s going on, the lack of sleep is taking a toll already on my well-being. Only eight days before I’m back in Coeur d’Alene, and it really can’t come soon enough. I need rest.

Today, we’re about 38 days out from when I believe we’ll close on the house. It may be sooner than that, and I will consider it a nice surprise if we do. We have plans for this place and I can’t wait to pull into the driveway with my Jeep and know that I’m finally and irrevocably home.

Our Woods - Facing South

Our Woods - Facing South

6 Responses to Sleep

1. Mr. Bill says:

Insomnia sucks. Try doing a couple of things to make that big unfamiliar house feel more friendly. Like maybe leave a few lights on all night. Set the thermostat to your own favorite temperature. Play some music. Watch an old silly movie.

If you’re really desperate, get people to tell you about their dreams. There is nothing that will make me sleepy faster than trying to listen to somebody describing what they were dreaming about last night, because they get into that sort of disjointed way of talking, with little pauses while they try to remember details, and the dream story logic is always impossible to follow.

If that still doesn’t work, let me explain the philosophical principles and history behind the preference for em and % in place of px in CSS files. :-)

2. Drew says:

Maybe it is the big moon combined with the electrical storm. Hang in there!

3. Sunni says:

I’ve been having sleep issues myself lately. A friend recommended kava kava; it’s kind of pricey, but I use about half the recommended dose and that has worked without fail for me.

Hope you get it sorted soon. Lots of hugs for you!

• Mr. Bill says:

Kava kava is pretty good stuff. The active ingredients are destroyed by oxygen, so take maybe a weeks supply out of the bottle, seal up the rest really tight, and store it in the freezer. (Or I suppose an oxygen absorber would be even better, but I haven’t got any to try.)

Side effects that I know of: may increase acid reflux by relaxing the sphincter; may leave a bit of a hangover the next day. Also there were some reported cases of liver damage (I think it was) about a decade ago, but last I heard, that was traced to defective manufacturing of the extract.

4. The Kiwi says:

When I can’t sleep I count my breaths. It’s what my teacher taught us to do when meditating. Inhale= 1 Exhale= 2. Count to 10 and then start over. When you catch yourself not counting, curse your silly brain and start over. When you catch yourself thinking “16″ curse your silly brain and start over.

5. soupbone says:

Take a large dose of Loreena McKennitt. Try “Book of Secrets”. Tie in to YouTube, get on her channel, hit PLAY ALL, and turn off the monitor……….

soup