We got the home appraisal done this last week, and it was submitted to us (finished) today! The home came in appraising for about $10,000 more than we are paying for it. That’s something of an accomplishment, apparently, as appraisers don’t usually appraise for more than you have agreed to pay for a home (or so I’ve been told).
Only three more steps left to go!
So far, we have:
- Got pre-approval for a loan in the price range we wanted.
- Found a realtor that we love, trust, and would recommend to our closest friends and family members (NOT an easy task).
- Found a home and made an offer.
- Negotiated that offer and had it accepted (we repeated steps 1, 2 & 3 several times in the last 6 months, and they are – in my opinion – the most difficult, time consuming, and heartbreaking steps to get past).
- Submitted ALL paperwork signed, and made sure all needed documents were in to our loan guy (who has been on top of everything, and incredibly supportive during this ordeal). We called this step “documents”.
- Got the home inspected.
- Got the well water tested in a million different ways.
- Got the well draw-down test done.
- Got the septic system pumped and inspected.
- Got the home appraisal.
Next, we have to get Underwriting Approval (which may take about a week), send all documents to the appropriate entity for final approval, and then close escrow, get the keys and move in.
I am thrilled that we only have 3 steps left. I am hoping that they are as easy and quick (and fairly painless) as the last three steps have been.
I can’t wait until this deal is done, finished, signed, and we have the keys and I never have to think about buying a home ever again.
WHAT AN ORDEAL!
Your WilderWolf Shopping CartYour cart is empty
Visit The Shop
Weekly Emails From WilderWolf!
Look Who’s Here!